<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d7621413\x26blogName\x3dmy+ramblings+%7C+expressions\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_HOSTED\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://www.ivanchoe.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://www.ivanchoe.com/\x26vt\x3d-4466142428700541627', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

My twitter Updates

New Year in Sydney

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Here's the post that I've promised to write for the last 2 days.

The day started at 4am on new year's eve. We were driving down to Sydney and rumours about road blocks forced us to leave early. We left Brisbane about 5am and with 3 drivers, each of us took around 4 hours worth of steering time.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The drive wasn't too bad. Traffic was surprisingly minimal and after 11 hours and 25 mins of driving, we arrived at Sydney!

After checking into our friend's unit, we made our way to China Town for dinner. There wasn't much open and we weren't really feeling hungry.

After dinner, we made our way to the Circular Quay to get the best possible spot for the fireworks. Yeah... it was on my to-do list to watch the habour bridge New Year fireworks.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The area (as expected) was jammed pack with people. Most of them comfortably sitting down in the grass area with beers on their hand. Anyways, we managed to get a relatively good spot by the bridge and with a reasonable view of the opera house. It was already 11:15pm...!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

After standing for 45 mins, the countdown began! The fireworks lit up the sky as the numerics reach 0. Cheers filled the air as the sound of crackers exploded overhead.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The fireworks went on for 10-15 mins and I must say it is impressive piece of work. It's the most impressive I've seen so far. I heard over the news that the cost of the 15 mins of fireworks was AUD$4 mil!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ouch! It doesn't look like it's worth that much.

To be concluded...
posted by Ivan, 7:35 pm


Add a comment